1.2 "Personal Data" or "personal data" means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include name, identification number and contact information.
2. WHEN WILL DIS Private Ltd. COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?2.1 We will/may collect personal data about you:
(a) when you register and/or use our Services or Site;
(b) when you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
(c) when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
(d) when you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
(e) when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our Site or use our Services. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our Site;
(f) when you provide us with feedback or complaints; and
(g) when you submit your personal data to us for any reason.
The above does not purport to be exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data about you may be collected.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL DIS Private Ltd. COLLECT?3.1 The personal data that DIS Private Ltd. may collect includes but is not limited to any information about the user when the user uses the Services or accesses the Site, as well as information related to how the user uses the Services or accesses the Site. We also receive information about you from companies that are owned or operated by DIS Private Ltd., in accordance with their terms and policies.
3.2 You agree not to submit any information to us which is inaccurate or misleading, and you agree to inform us of any inaccuracies or changes to such information. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to require further documentation to verify the information provided by you.
3.3 If you do not want us to collect the aforementioned information/personal data, you may opt out at any time by notifying our Data Protection Officer in writing. Further information on opting out can be found in the section below entitled "How can you withdraw consent, remove, request access to or modify information you have provided to us?" . Note, however, that opting out or withdrawing your consent for us to collect, use or process your personal data may affect your use of the Services. For example, opting out of the collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
4. COLLECTION OF OTHER DATA4.1 As with most websites and mobile applications, your device sends information which may include data about you that gets logged by a web server when you use our Services. This typically includes without limitation your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer/mobile device operating system and browser type, type of mobile device, the characteristics of the mobile device, the unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, the address of a referring web site (if any), the pages you visit on our website and mobile applications and the times of visit, and sometimes a "cookie" (which can be disabled using your browser preferences) to help the site remember your last visit. If you are logged in, this information is associated with your personal account. The information is also included in anonymous statistics to allow us to understand how visitors use our Site.
5. COOKIES5.1 We may from time to time implement "cookies" or other features to allow us or third parties to collect or share information that will help us improve our Site and the Services we offer, or help us offer new services and features. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your computer or device and tell us how and when the Services or website are used or visited, by how many people and to track activity within our Site. We may link cookie information to personal data. This information is used to keep track of your shopping cart, for example. Cookies are also used to deliver content specific to your interest and to monitor usage of the Services.
6. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US?6.1 We may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
(a) to manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to our Services and Site (including, without limitation, your preferences), as well as your relationship and user account with us;
(b) to enforce our Terms of Service;
(c) to protect personal safety and the rights, property or safety of others;
(d) for identification and/or verification;
(e) to maintain and administer any software updates and/or other updates and support that may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of our Services; (f) to deal with or facilitate customer service, carry out your instructions, deal with or respond to any enquiries given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf;
(g) to contact you or communicate with you via voice call, text message and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
(h) to conduct reDIS Private Ltd.rch, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling), to analyse how you use our Services, to improve our Services or products and/or to enhance your customer experience;
(i) to allow for advertising and other audits and surveys to, among other things, validate the size and composition of our target audience, and understand their experience with DIS Private Ltd.’s Services;
(j) for marketing and, in this regard, to send you by various modes of communication marketing and promotional information and materials relating to products and/or services (including, without limitation, products and/or services of third parties whom DIS Private Ltd. may collaborate or tie up with) that DIS Private Ltd. (and/or its affiliates or related corporations) may be selling, marketing or promoting, whether such products or services exist now or are created in the future. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us and from our related companies;
(k) to respond to legal processes or to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction, including, without limitation, meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on DIS Private Ltd. or on its related corporations or affiliates; (l) to produce statistics and reDIS Private Ltd.rch for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
(m) to carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us; (n) to audit our Services or DIS Private Ltd.'s business;
(o) to prevent or investigate any actual or suspected violations of our Terms of Service, fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of our Services or any other matter arising from your relationship with us;
(p) to store, host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside of your jurisdiction;
(q) to deal with and/or facilitate a business asset transaction or a potential business asset transaction, where such transaction involves DIS Private Ltd. as a participant or involves only a related corporation or affiliate of DIS Private Ltd. as a participant or involves DIS Private Ltd. and/or any one or more of DIS Private Ltd.'s related corporations or affiliates as participant(s), and there may be other third party organisations who are participants in such transaction. A “business asset transaction” refers to the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organisation or a portion of an organisation or of any of the business or assets of an organisation;
and/or (r) any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent. (collectively, the “Purposes”).
6.2 You acknowledge, consent and agree that DIS Private Ltd. may access, preserve and disclose your Account information and Content if required to do so by law or pursuant to an order of a court or by any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over DIS Private Ltd. or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal process;
(b) comply with a request from any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over DIS Private Ltd.;
(d) respond to any threatened or actual claims asserted against DIS Private Ltd. or other claim that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
(e) respond to your requests for customer service; or
(f) protect the rights, property or personal safety of DIS Private Ltd., its users and/or the public.
6.3 As the purposes for which we will/may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of the applicable data without your consent is permitted by the Privacy Laws.
7. HOW DOES DIS Private Ltd. PROTECT AND RETAIN CUSTOMER INFORMATION?7.1 We implement a variety of security measures and strive to ensure the security of your personal data on our systems. User personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. However, there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security.
8. DOES DIS Private Ltd. DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS FROM ITS VISITORS TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?8.1 In conducting our business, we will/may need to disclose your personal data to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties, whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third parties include, without limitation:
(a) our subsidiaries, affiliates and related corporations;
(b) contractors, agents, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. These include but are not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres;
(c) a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of DIS Private Ltd.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by DIS Private Ltd. about our users is among the assets transferred;
or to a counterparty in a business asset transaction that DIS Private Ltd. or any of its affiliates or related corporations is involved in;
and (d) third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.
8.2 We will share statistical and demographic information about our users and their use of the Services with suppliers of advertisements and programming.
8.3 For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that Privacy Laws or other applicable laws permit an organisation such as us to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the laws shall continue to apply.
8.4 Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access personal data transmitted to or contained on the site, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information through no fault of ours. We will nevertheless deploy reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data as required by the Privacy Laws; however there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security such as but not limited to when unauthorised disclosure arises from malicious and sophisticated hacking by malcontents through no fault of ours.
9. INFORMATION ON CHILDREN9.1 The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal data or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 nor is any part of our Site or other Services directed to children under the age of 13. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow such children under your care to submit personal data to DIS Private Ltd.. In the event that personal data of a child under the age of 13 in your care is disclosed to DIS Private Ltd., you hereby consent to the processing of the child’s personal data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy on behalf of such child. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal data we believe was submitted without parental consent by any child under the age of 13.
10.2 We, and third parties, may from time to time make software applications downloads available for your use on or through the Services. These applications may separately access, and allow a third party to view, your identifiable information, such as your name, your User ID, your device’s IP Address or other information, and any cookies that you may previously have installed or that were installed for you by a third party software application or website. Additionally, these applications may ask you to provide additional information directly to third parties. Third party products or services provided through these applications are not owned or controlled by DIS Private Ltd.. You are encouraged to read the terms and other policies published by such third parties on their websites or otherwise.
11. DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY AND THIRD PARTY SITES11.1 WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE ON THIRD PARTY SITES. We do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data that is in our possession or under our control. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the personal data confidential. When you place orders or access your personal data, we offer the use of a secure server. All personal data or sensitive information you supply is encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
11.2 In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may choose various third party websites to link to, and frame within, the Site. We may also participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to our visitors. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third party web sites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us.
11.3 We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
12. WILL DIS Private Ltd. TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION OVERDIS Private Ltd.S?12.1 Your personal data and/or information may be transferred to, stored or processed outside of your country. In most cases, your personal data will be processed in Singapore, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. DIS Private Ltd. will only transfer your information overDIS Private Ltd.s in accordance with Privacy Laws. More information about the transfer out of the EU, of personal data and/or information relating to users who are located in the EU, can be found in the section titled "Additional Provisions for EU Users Only".
Requesting Access to, or Correction of Personal Data 13.2 If you have an account with us, you may personally access and/or correct your personal data currently in our possession or control through the Account Settings page or tab on the Site. If you do not have an account with us, you may request to access and/or correct your personal data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us. We will need enough information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request so as to be able to deal with your request. Hence, please submit your written request by sending an email to our Personal Data Protection Officer at dpo.DIS Private Ltd.@DIS Private Ltd..com
13.3 We may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your personal data. If we so choose to charge, we will provide you with a written estimate of the fee we will be charging. Please note that we are not required to respond to or deal with your access request unless you have agreed to pay the fee.
13.4 We reserve the right to refuse to correct your personal data in accordance with the provisions as set out in Privacy Laws, where they require and/or entitle an organisation to refuse to correct personal data in stated circumstances.
14.2 Portability You have the right to obtain from us the Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, and which we process on the basis of your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such Personal Data to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the Personal Data to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the Personal Data or its processing once received by the third party. We also may not provide you with certain Personal Data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the Personal Data we hold about you would reveal information about another person).
14.3 Erasure You may request that we erase the Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
(a) you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold the Personal Data we hold about you;
(b) we are processing the Personal Data we hold about you on the basis of your consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process the Personal Data;
(c) we are processing the Personal Data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is an overriding interest for us to process and retain such Personal Data;
(d) you no longer wish us to use the Personal Data we hold about you in order to send you promotions, special offers, marketing and lucky draws;
or (e) you believe the Personal Data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure. However, we may retain the Personal Data if there are valid grounds under law for us to do so (e.g., for the defence of legal claims or freedom of expression) but we will let you know if that is the case. Please note that after deleting the Personal Data, we may not be able to provide the same level of servicing to you as we will not be aware of your preferences.
14.4 Retention of Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data as long as needed to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws. If you make a request for erasure of your Personal Data 3 and we determine that there is a valid basis for your request, we will endeavour to erase the Personal Data within 30 days of your request, or inform you if it will take longer.
14.5 Objection against Profiling and Targeted Marketing
At any time you have the right to object to our processing of Personal Data about you in order to send you promotions, special offers and marketing messages, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the Personal Data for that purpose. Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for objection. However, we may retain the Personal Data if there are valid grounds under law for us to do so.
14.6 Restriction of Processing to Storage Only
You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of the Personal Data we hold about you to storage purposes only, where:
(a) you believe the Personal Data is not accurate, for the period it takes for us to verify whether the Personal Data is accurate;
(b) we wish to erase the Personal Data but you want us to just store it instead;
(c) we wish to erase the Personal Data as it is no longer necessary for our purposes but you require it to be stored for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
or (d) you have objected to us processing Personal Data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the Personal Data whilst we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us processing and retaining such Personal Data.
14.7 Transfer of Personal Data outside the EU
Your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the EU. We take appropriate steps to ensure that recipients of your Personal Data are bound to duties of confidentiality and we implement measures such as appropriate contractual clauses to ensure that the recipients of such transfer protect and treat your Personal Data in accordance with all applicable personal data protection laws.
14.8 Information on Children
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 16 who are located in the EU. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal data or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16 who is located in the EU, nor is any part of our Site or other Services directed to children under the age of 16 who are located in the EU. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal data we believe was submitted by any child under the age of 16 who is located in the EU.
15. QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS? CONTACT USIf you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our privacy practices, please contact us at dpo.DIS Private Ltd.@DIS Private Ltd..com.
Last updated on 7 June 2009